Please note that all images and photographs on this site are copywrited to Carol Mead. I would appreciate if you ask before sharing any images in any form. Thank you

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Judging at the Goulburn Show

This year I was asked to judge the art and craft at the Goulburn show so I went into Goulburn on Friday 8th March at 11am - and had a great time learning how hard it is to judge similar and really different items against eachother.

Wow - but the great thing is that it is another experience that I would not have missed.

I must say for many of us who have had paintings or other items in shows - it always is difficult to see how the judges come to the 1st, 2nd or commended prizes. Now I know that it is really difficult especially when things are so very different - such as styles, mediums, quality and presentation. Sometimes there are standouts and other times no clear winner ... it is very interesting.

So next year, instead of judging at the show, I will pop in some artwork ..... it is a lovely rural show and I do encourage you to do the same. Forms will be available on the website in November 2013.

Oh and by the way - the scrapbooking rocked!!!!

Love
C

No comments:

Post a Comment