Please note that all images and photographs on this site are copywrited to Carol Mead. I would appreciate if you ask before sharing any images in any form. Thank you

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Moonrise

Somtimes there is a photo that I take that just surprises me with colour and form

This is a wide narrow piece which is inspired by a photo that I took at Moonrise watching the way the moon glimmered on the leaves.

I love the way the reflections light up the countryside and then glow out to see beyond.

It is for a wedding present for someone who loves purple above any other colour and as you know it isn't easy to do purple in landscapes so much..... so when I came across a photo of this sunset I took in Tassie - I thought of her!

This painting is in a private collection gifted by the artist

Moonrise over St Mary's Tasmania

No comments:

Post a Comment